Weekend reads for leaders and preachers.
- Ten Questions for Pastors and Polemics – DeYoung provides some helpful questions to consider before firing off a response to the latest controversial blog. (The Gospel Coalition)
- Adoption Is for All God’s People – “Stop doing evil. Learn to do what is good. Pursue justice. Correct the oppressor. Defend the rights of the fatherless. Plead the widow’s cause.” Isaiah 1:16-17 (The Village Church)
- The One Homiletics Book Every Preacher Should Own: Part 1 – “The preacher is bound to the Word of God written.” (Preaching Source)
- Your Job Matters to God – Every leader should say, “I want every day of my life to count for the Lord.” (Bob Russell)
- “Will You Pray for Me?” – Here are some ways you can and should pray for your pastor. (The Expositors Blog)
- “I Was Wrong” vs “I Made a Mistake” – “Leaders must recognize the enormous differences between the two if they are to protect their integrity and their character.” (Scott Cochrane)
Also published on Medium.