It is easy to get so caught up in Christmas festivities that you forget to sit down and truly reflect on what Christmas means for the life of a Christian. Below are a few resources I recommend to help fight this year’s hustle and bustle:
- The Dawning of Indestructible Joy and Good News of Great Joy
Two Advent books with brief daily devotions for the entire month of December by Desiring God Ministries. My family and I went through The Dawning of Indestructible Joy last year and greatly enjoyed it.
- Christmas is Too Big for One Day by Andreas Kostenberger
Why should Christians celebrate Advent?
- The Expected One: Anticipating All of Jesus in the Advent by Scott James
- Prepare Him Room
Sovereign Grace Music
- Joy: An Irish Christmas
- Your King Has Come
Indelible Grace Music
- Behold the Lamb of God
- The Lightlings by RC Sproul
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp
A devotional that walks a family through Advent/Jesse Tree
- God’s Gift of Christmas by John MacArthur
- The Spirit of Christmas: Stories Poems and Essays by GK Chesterton
Also published on Medium.